Floral designer Canaan Marshall shares his secrets in this creative workshop, presented by Flower magazine and Atlanta Market at AmericasMart in January 2020.
- More is more!
- To encourage roses to open fully in a hurry, blow on the blooms.
- When designing with lilies, remove the pollen-covered stamens and use a chenille pipe cleaner to gently clean fallen pollen from petals. (Take care not to get pollen on your clothes; it will stain.)
- For straighter tulip stems, add a capful of vodka to the water.
- If using a clear vase, a capful of bleach will keep the water clear.
- To help floral arrangements last: Remove any leaves below the water line. Keep your home at a cooler temperature. Use Clear Crowning Glory hydration and protection spray.
More from This Designer
Canaan Marshall’s Holiday Style: The Atlanta-based floral talent whips up some Christmas cheer for the front door and beyond, including a lush “you can do it” arrangement for the dining room table. See more.