Event designer Tara Guérard founded Charleston-based Tara Guérard Soirée in 1997. She later launched The Lettered Olive, a letterpress invitation company. Through this venture, Tara works with leading designers across the South to create beautiful invitation suites for brides. Most recently, she started May Cabas, a bicycle basket company. No matter which business she is focusing on, Tara always includes a bit of nature. “I love to clip whatever I can find—flowers, leaves, branches—for my arrangements,” she says.
Inspired by that “bit of nature,” Tara gathers a dozen seasonal pieces that reflect a garden party style.
- Grand Bicycle Basket ($175) from May Cabas, maycabas.com
- Matisse platter ($250) by Malaika from Hammett, shophammett.com
- Hand-printed tablecloth ($85) from J. Catma, jcatma.com
- Glass watering can ($55) from San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, museumstore.sfmoma.org
- Bocce ball set ($125) from Thompson Hanson, thompsonhanson.com
- Letter-pressed menu cards (12 for $30) from The Lettered Olive, letteredolive.com
- Mark and Graham linen napkins ($69/set of 4), markandgraham.com
- Katherine Plaid Sienna apron ($98) from Heather Taylor Home, heathertaylorhome.com
- Japanese garden pruners ($99) from Heather Taylor Home, heathertaylorhome.com
- Adhesion handcrafted ceramic vase ($64) from FELT + FAT, feltandfat.com
- Barebones Living Classic leather work gloves ($22) from Food52, food52.com
- Daisy dessert plate ($45) by Malaika from Hammett, shophammett.com
Produced and styled by Missie Neville Crawford | Photography by David Hillegas