The living room exudes warmth, rich color, and character. A high-backed sofa provides definition, separating the room from the adjoining dining area. A painted brick fireplace and shiplap walls give off a farmhouse attitude while the built-in bookcases take a color cue from the hardwood trees around Brierfield. A botanical paisley print, used for the curtains and skirted swivel chairs as well as for the dining room curtains, brings pattern into the room.
For the coffee table, we styled the room two ways. An upholstered ottoman (seen in the video) invites kicking back, while a cocktail table painted a rich russet hue (pictured below) can corral drinks at a gathering.
- Emory skirted swivel chairs from the Suzanne Kasler Collection by Hickory Chair upholstered in Beatrice fabric from the Paradiso Collection by Nina Campbell for Osborne & Little through Ainsworth-Noah
- Lauren cocktail table by Charlotte Moss for Century Furniture, painted Audubon Russet by Benjamin Moore
- Art, Marvelous M by Bart Lindstrom from Beverly McNeil Gallery
- Hidcote accent table by Currey & Company
- Silhouettes made-to-measure ottoman by Hickory Chair upholstered in Lee Jofa Lille Linen through Kravet
- Leather chair by Hickory Chair
- Bibi spot table from the Hable Collection by Hickory Chair
- Oldknow bookcase lamps by Currey & Company, with shades painted Grenadier Pond by Benjamin Moore
- Custom 18th-century leaf tapestry and 17th-century tapestry on homespun linen pillows and hand-stitched suzani, all from B. Viz Design
- Art, Fall Creek Splendor by Roger Dale Brown (above mantel), Sunflower by Laura Murphey (on shelf), and Farmhouse Fragments by Dawn Whitelaw (on shiplap wall), all from Beverly McNeil Gallery
- Cupola pool house lanterns by Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights
- Candlesticks and stick candles from ALKMY
- Walls in Baffin Island and bookcases in Devonshire Green, both by Benjamin Moore
- Lorraine sofa from the Suzanne Kasler Collection by Hickory Chair upholstered in Flaubert fabric by Nina Campbell for Osborne & Little through Ainsworth-Noah
- Curtain fabric, Beatrice from the Paradiso Collection by Nina Campbell for Osborne & Little through Ainsworth-Noah
Produced and Styled by Amanda Smith Fowler | Text by Alice Welsh Doyle | Photography by David Hillegas | Floral Design by Suzanne Graves of Wildflower Designs
This story appears in Flower magazine’s September/October 2021 issue on newsstands August 31. Subscribe or find a copy in a store near you.