Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Butter for the baking dish
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ¾ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 pounds baking potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, and sliced paper thin, lengthwise (a mandoline is most helpful)
- 1 pound grated Gruyère cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the cream, salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg.
- Assemble one layer of potatoes on the bottom of the buttered baking dish.
- Gently spoon 1/8 cup of the cream mixture over the layer of potatoes. Top with some grated Gruyère.
- Repeat this process until the dish is full and the potatoes and cream mixture are exhausted. Top with remaining Gruyère and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake it for 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue to bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until the top is crusty and brown, and serve.
Homemade Gift Idea: Limoncello
3 Grilled Dishes for Alfresco Dining
Summer Peach, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad
Try this Flower-Infused Cocktail
Ricotta and Parmesan Cheesecake Tart
Creamy Artichoke, Bacon and Parmesan Dip
Welcoming Spring at Home in Paris
Travel by Tastebuds: Elvie's in Jackson
Be My Galentine
Cinnamon Roll Blondies