June 11, 2019—A riot of color is blooming across New York City as we write. The occasion? #NYFlowerWeek, featuring a series of pop-up floral installations at some of Manhattan’s most iconic statues and plazas. The first installations appeared today, and the remainder will appear Wednesday, June 12.
The nearly weeklong event celebrates the announcement of a larger floral event, LEAF, a citywide festival of flowers, with all the grit, energy and vitality New York has to offer, coming to Manhattan in June 2020.
“Today, the world of Floriculture is in full bloom. In a city with an abundance of great floral design and designers, I am so pleased to present LEAF, a citywide festival of Flowers, an opportunity for all New Yorkers to come together and enjoy the beauty of nature.”—Moira Breslin, founder of LEAF
We cannot wait to see what LEAF has in store for us next year. In the meantime, find a list of #NYFlowerWeek 2019 events and floral pop-up installations below. Plus, check out Flower magazine’s Instagram @flowermagazine on Thursday, June 13, when Lewis Miller Design, a major force behind #NYFlowerWeek, will host a social takeover.
#NYFlowerWeek 2019 Participating Partners and Locations
- Plaza de Las Americas: 175th Street and Broadway. Designed by Cape Lily.
- La Ligne: 996 Madison Avenue. In support of Lewis Miller Design and the launch of LEAF, La Ligne is giving away Lewis Miller hand-tied baby bouquets with purchase (while supplies last) and offering a limited-edition, floral-painted pochette. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Central Park Conservancy. One night only: Tuesday, June 11 from 4-7PM.
- Atlas at Rockefeller Center: 630 Fifth Avenue. Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design.
- The Flatiron Plaza: Intersection of 23rd Street, Fifth Avenue, and Broadway. Designed by East Olivia.
- FlowerSchool New York: 213 West 14th Street. Designed by Calvert Crary, executive director of FlowerSchool New York.
- Alamo at Astor Place: 149-179 East 8th Street. Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design.
- Aesop Nolita: 232 Elizabeth Street. Designed by Aesop Nolita.
- ‘Crosby the Cat’ Botero Sculpture at Crosby Street Hotel: 79 Crosby Street. Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design.
- Crosby Street Hotel x Lewis Miller Design Afternoon Tea: 79 Crosby Street. A collection of floral-inspired pastries celebrating the launch of LEAF.
- Joe’s Jeans: 83 Mercer Street. Designed by B Floral: Design and Production
LEAF will be held in Manhattan in June 2020 and feature a series of ticketed programs to include floral arranging workshops, pop-up gardens and installations, epicurean experiences, and more. For more information, visit www.leafflowershow.com or follow along on Instagram at @leafflowershow #leafflowerfestival.