A twist on a classic. Lavender has such a fantastic bouquet and flavor, blending well with many dishes. Lavender ice cream, lavender milk, or my Lavender Limeade will surely hit the spot any day. Plus, lavender and green look so beautiful together, this drink is fun to garnish and set in a tableaux.
Makes about 14 cups
- 6 heaping teaspoons lavender
- 12 cups water, divided
- 2–3 cups sugar, depending on your sweet tooth
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Mix lavender, 3 cups water, and sugar to taste in a saucepan. Boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Strain out the lavender and add the now lavender-infused simple syrup mixture to 9 cups of water, lime juice, and salt. Mix well and serve ice cold. Garnish with lavender sprigs and sliced lime.
Photographs by James T. Farmer III and Maggie Yelton from Sip & Savor by James T. Farmer III, reprint permission by Gibbs Smith.