For a top-notch stay in the city of Lucerne with views of the lake, choose one of these grand, historic hotels:
- Hotel Schweizerhof—this ideal location has been family-owned for 175 years!
- Hotel National Lucerne—a 5-star hotel with well-appointed rooms and history stretching back to 1870.
- Hotel Montana Lucerne—early Art Deco architectural details meet modern-day excellence.
Beyond the city, other luxury accommodations that have stood the test of time in the region include:
- Bürgenstock Resort—a legend since 1873, this resort perches on a forested ridge overlooking Lake Lucerne.
- Villa Honegg—also on the mountain of Bürgenstock, this boutique hotel has been welcoming guests since 1906.
- Park Hotel Vitznau—at the base of Mount Rigi, this opulent lakeside retreat opened in 1903. It is also home to Atelier, a much-celebrated fine dining spot.