Frank Stitt, the much-lauded chef who put Birmingham on the culinary map more than 30 years ago with Highlands Bar and Grill shares a refreshing summer dessert recipe.
Cantaloupe Sorbet Recipe (Serves 8)
22 ounces ripe cantaloupe or honeydew melon, diced
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons Chartreuse liqueur
8 ounces sugar (1¼ cups)
Pinch of salt
1. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl; toss to combine. Marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. Puree melon mixture in a food processor; chill for 30 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Pour into an ice-cream maker, and process until done. Transfer to an airtight container, and freeze for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Garnish with a slice of melon, a mint sprig, or lemon verbena, and serve with shortbread cookies.
More Recipes from the Stitt’s Summer Repast
- A Summer Repast at the Farm
- Blackberry-Ginger Cocktail Recipe
- Summer Peach, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad
- Ratatouille Quiche with Arugula and Olives