Porch and Terrace
Off the kitchen, a classic covered porch serves as an extension of the home’s entertaining space and offers vistas of the surrounding water. “One of the best things about living in the South is that the weather allows for outdoor living most of the year,” says Phoebe. The designers grounded the space with a large rug that makes the porch feel more like an interior room. Then they added plenty of seating, including two poufs that can be moved around as needs arise.
“Outdoor pieces don’t have to be a matching set,” Nellie says. “The sofa and chairs we chose don’t match, but the colors and fabrics we selected tie them together. It’s all about the mix.” Just off the porch, a grassy terrace creates the perfect setting for alfresco dining. A teak dining table surrounded by woven-back chairs sets the scene for a light, midday brunch or dinner under the stars.
For a full room tour, watch the video above led by Phoebe Howard and Nellie Howard Ossi, interior designers of the 2022 Flower Showhouse.
- Chesapeake sofa, Miramar and Newport chairs, and Galen cocktail table all from Universal Furniture
- Poufs through Mrs. Howard
- Kanor console table from Currey & Company
- Governor and Cupola Pool House lanterns from Bevolo Gas & Electric Lights
- Dash & Albert Venus hand knotted wool/viscose rug from Annie Selke
- Teak sculptures through Mrs. Howard
- Trudy glass vase on stand from Ballard Designs