The Swiss Alps Come to London
December 19, 2019—The Bloomsbury Hotel is quintessential London in so many ways. Iconic British architect Sir Edwin Lutyens designed the Neo-Georgian building. Then there’s the legacy of the neighborhood itself, which was once a stronghold of The Bloomsbury Set, a group of influential intellectuals, artists, and writers, including Virginia Woolf. However, this winter Dalloway Terrace, the hotel’s al fresco restaurant known for its floral displays, is decidedly Swiss—specifically the famed alpine resort town of Gstaad.
Surrounded by a snow-covered enchanted forest scene created by floral designer Nikki Tibbles of Wild At Heart, guests can bundle up in cozy woolen throws, sip glühwein (a spiced mulled wine), and enjoy an alpine-inspired menu, all in the comfort of the heated and enclosed terrace. To gaze upon Gstaad’s picturesque mountains, one need only peer into the Retro Viewers on their table. dallowayterrace.com
The Flower Podcast for Holiday Road Trips
Podcasts can help pass the time over a long drive to your holiday destination, and The Flower Podcast, hosted by cut-flower expert Scott Shepherd, is perfect for lovers of flowers and floral design. You’ve already met many of the guests through Flower magazine, and Shepherd’s interviews will help you get to know them even better. Here are few to start with.
- Holly Carlisle, featured in Flower magazine’s November-December 2017 issue, talks about the Golden Ratio in floral design. Listen to the podcast.
- Love the cover story from our current holiday issue? There’s a lot more to know about Rick Davis. Listen to the podcast.
- Finally, meet our very own Editor-in-Chief Margot Shaw. Listen to the podcast.
More at theflowerpodcast.com
By Terri Robertson
- A new cocktail book for gardener’s, a margarita recipe for friends, and tasty sweet potato vines (December 12, 2019)
- New USPS stamps feature Laura Dowling’s wreaths. Our Editor-in-Chief Margot Shaw shares her picks in Matouk’s 2019 Holiday Gift Guide (November 21, 2019)
- Rebecca Gardner’s holiday pop-up, new floral paper reliefs by Ron Nicole, and Lewis Miller on TEDx Charlottesville (November 14, 2019)
Sign up for Flower newsletters here.