Guests at Wendy Wurtzburger and Chris Bentley’s fall harvest gathering sipped on gin pear cocktails. The drinks were blended with Liberty Gin, handmade in Philadelphia by family friend and distiller Walter Palmer.
Liberty Gin Pear Cocktail (Makes one)
- 2 ounces Liberty Gin
- 1 ounces Poire Williams (pear brandy)
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 1 Bartlett pear
- Muddle 1 slice Bartlett pear with 2-3 mint leaves.
- Add ice, 2 ounces Liberty Gin, 1 ounce Poire Williams, ½ ounce simple syrup and shake thoroughly.
- Strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with 1 pear slice.