Click for a larger view of the map for #NYFlowerWeek, June 11-16, 2019. Illustration by Cassandre Montoriol
June 11, 2019—A riot of color is blooming across New York City as we write. The occasion? #NYFlowerWeek, June 11-16, 2019, featuring a series of pop-up floral installations at some of Manhattan’s most iconic statues and plazas. The first installations appeared today and will be complete by June 12.
#NYFlowerWeek celebrates the announcement of a larger floral event, LEAF, a city-wide festival of flowers with all the grit, energy and vitality New York has to offer, coming to Manhattan in June 2020.
We cannot wait to see what LEAF has in store for us next year. In the meantime, here’s how you can celebrate #NYFlowerWeek this week.
#NYFlowerWeek 2019 Participating Partners and Locations
- Plaza de Las Americas: 175th Street and Broadway. Designed by Cape Lily.
- La Ligne: 996 Madison Avenue. In support of Lewis Miller Design and the launch of LEAF, La Ligne will be giving away Lewis Miller hand-tied baby bouquets with purchase (while supplies last) and offering a limited-edition, floral-painted pochette. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Central Park Conservancy. One night only: Tuesday, June 11 from 4-7PM.
- Atlas at Rockefeller Center: 630 Fifth Avenue. Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design.
- The Flatiron Plaza: Intersection of 23rd Street, Fifth Avenue, and Broadway. Designed by East Olivia.
- FlowerSchool New York: 213 West 14th Street. Designed by Calvert Crary, executive director of FlowerSchool New York.
- Alamo at Astor Place: 149-179 East 8th Street. Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design.
- Aesop Nolita: 232 Elizabeth Street. Designed by Aesop Nolita.
- ‘Crosby the Cat’ Botero Sculpture at Crosby Street Hotel: 79 Crosby Street. Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design
- Crosby Street Hotel x Lewis Miller Design Afternoon Tea: 79 Crosby Street. A collection of floral-inspired pastries celebrating the launch of LEAF, a festival of flowers coming to New York in June 2020.
- Joe’s Jeans: 83 Mercer Street. Designed by B Floral: Design and Production
LEAF will be held in Manhattan in June 2020 and feature a series of ticketed programs to include floral arranging workshops, pop up gardens and installations, epicurean experiences, and more. For more information, please visit www.leafflowershow.com or follow along on Instagram at @leafflowershow #leafflowerfestival.