“The idea for a harvest celebration was sparked by the spectacle of yellow leaves in the garden. I also marveled at the dazzling color of beets freshly pulled from the ground and decided it was time for a party.” Finnish stylist Sanna Länsivierto serves this beet, quinoa, and goat cheese salad is nestled on a wooden disc, fitting in with the theme.
Beet, Quinoa and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- 3 beets, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup raw quinoa, rinsed thoroughly
- Mixture of seeds (such as sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame)
- 5 ounces goat cheese, cut into pieces
- 7 to 10 ounces arugula
- Balsamic dressing
- Steam beets, and allow to cool. The beets will have dyed the water used for steaming, which you can then use to cook the quinoa to create a lovely color and impart a delicate flavor of beet.
- Combine the beets and boiled quinoa. Top with goat cheese and seeds. Serve over the arugula with a drizzle of balsamic dressing
Styling and Recipe by Sanna Länsivierto