The French wine-tasting table in the breakfast box bay belonged to Margot’s father and is a treasured heirloom. Portières in a wheat-colored nubby Provençal plaid add definition and softness. The bay looks out on the fields and provides abundant light, while wing chairs in a muted paisley offer comfortable, graceful seating designed for lingering. For a full room tour, watch the video above led by Mary Evelyn McKee, interior designer of the 2021 Flower showhouse.
- Josephine wing chairs from the Suzanne Kasler Collection by Hickory Chair upholstered in Ralph Lauren Home Assyria Paisley through Kravet
- 17th-century tapestry fragment and antique galon on homespun linen pillows by B. Viz Design
- Brussels chandelier by Currey & Company with custom painted interior in Kennebunkport Green by Benjamin Moore
- Portière fabric, Kravet Basics 34986-16 by Kravet, with tape trim by Holland & Sherry
- Antique Persian rug from Paige Albright Orientals
- Wall color, Baffin Island by Benjamin Moore
- Gien Songe dinner plates, Wedgwood Hunting Scene cup and saucer, Crate & Barrel double old fashioned, Imperial Glass Candlewick champagne/tall sherbet, Denby Magnum Clear goblet (seen in previous photo), and Ralph Lauren Equestrian Braid flatware, all from Replacements, Ltd.
- Picot napkins by Leontine Linens
- Round place mat from ALKMY
- Treen compote with pierced thistle design from Balzac Antiques
Produced and Styled by Amanda Smith Fowler | Text by Alice Welsh Doyle | Photography by David Hillegas | Floral Design by Suzanne Graves of Wildflower Designs
This story appears in Flower magazine’s September/October 2021 issue on newsstands August 31. Subscribe or find a copy in a store near you.